FLCL Seasons 2 & 3 Returns for 2018 Premiere on Adult Swim!


“FLCL” AKA “Fooly Cooly” returns to television screens in 2018, with the above trailer debuting at the recent weekend’s Anime Expo 2017.
"Production I.G's Maki Terashima-Furuta led the panel with Toonami's Jason DeMarco, and they revealed that the sequel seasons (each spanning six episodes) will begin airing in 2018. DeMarco also confirmed that Japanese rock band The Pillows is back for both FLCL 2 and 3 with all new music.

DeMarco said that FLCL 2 stars a young girl named Hidomi who runs into a substitute teacher that looks like Haruko. She and her classmate, Ide, get caught up in the conflict with Medical Mechanica. FLCL 2 and 3 are said to feature different stories."
- reported ign.com (below stills via).

“Funnily” enough, my first brush with FLCL was NOT with the anime, but rather the “CANTI” action figures from Kaching Brands which I blogged about #onTOYSREVIL, circa 2006-7! I’d had the utter pleasure of finally getting a Canti pre-loved from a toy collector selling his toys (*ooo000ooo's Hot Topic Exclusive Canti*) but havent really “played” with it or displayed it in the open, as I had been too worried I’ll scrape it or something foolish with my clumsy hands! Oh wait! I have a video! (*Needs to find it first :p).

Here’s a peek at the poster that was apparently given out at Anime Expo!!!!



Comments

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.