My Quick Impressions of JAPAN SINKS 2020 on Netflix (Ep 7-10)

Concluding my previous blogpost sharing my impressions of Episodes 1 to 6 of JAPAN SINKS anime series (currently streaming on Netflix), I mirror my Instagrammed-commnentary (*Which I have created a new hashtag for one-click-view-all: #japansinksinototaku), for your reading reference (minor spoilers), before I attempt to do a full-on SPOILER-filled one for the entire series, cheers.


By Ep7 of JAPAN SINKS, the animation aesthetic had somewhat deteriorated, and the "Japan" in the story has sunk. The disasters and tragedy doesn’t let up... series ends in 3 episodes tho, and frankly I don’t see any resolution by ep10... :/

Ep8 was more macabre than it let on, with the interaction between the siblings resulting is real nice dialog, especially when they talk about "eating each other" ... and it is with such charms amidst tragedy, that lulls you into a sense of “hope”, until the end of the episode slaps you in the face again ... ep8 is hard, man...

It took me by the end of Ep9, to realize the pattern of this #anime... without spoiling anything further: whatever happened at the end of Ep2, will be a constant repeat for the rest of the series, and they are relentless... I have to tell myself: "it’s just a anime, it’s just a anime, it’s just a...."...

Stick until the end / finale episode #10, and better days await you, and your patience will be rewarded. There is no need for a “2nd season” at this point too (AKA "no cliff-hangers"). Besides the rahrah (which I’m not going to explain more about), I really appreciated how they linked up the finale to with previous eps... as for HOW they do that, you’ll have to watch the anime on Netflix.

A easy 6/10 for me! I’ll log off for now, as I am quite exhausted from the tears I’ve been constantly having to shed in my heart while watching this series today lol






SUMMARY: "Shortly after the Tokyo Olympics in 2020, a major earthquake hits Japan. Amidst the chaos, siblings Ayumu and Gou of the Mutou household, begin to escape the city with their family of four. The sinking Japanese archipelagos, however, relentlessly pursue the family.

Plunged into extreme conditions, life and death, and the choice of meeting and parting—in the face of dreadful reality, the Mutou siblings believe in the future and acquire the strength to survive with utmost effort."

Comments

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.